|Molesworth Wind Farm Action Group|
|Say NO to the Molesworth Wind Farm - Bythorn, Molesworth, Keyston, Brington, Clopton, Old Weston, Titchmarsh, Catworth, Leighton Bromswold|
Archive from October 2012
UPDATE 3rd October 2012 – Number Eleven
(18 Oct 2012)
UPDATE 3rd October 2012 – Number Eleven POST PLANNING APPLICATION
MOLESWORTH WIND FARM PLANNING APPLICATION REF 1200967FUL
1. A NEW DETERMINATION DATE to decide the planning application for Molesworth Wind Farm has been agreed by Huntingdon District Council and RWE npower. The Development Management Panel will meet on MONDAY 21st JANUARY 2013 at 7.00pm in the Civic Suite at Pathfinder House in Huntingdon. PLEASE PUT THIS DATE IN YOUR DIARIES but do note it could be subject to change.
2. James Delingpole, a committed anti-wind farm campaigner, will be giving two more talks over the next few weeks – details below. You may know he is standing as an Independent Candidate in the Corby and East Northants by-election on the issue of wind farms. The main objective is to raise the awareness of other politicians in particular the Conservatives to the objections of the rural community to this issue. In a seat such as Corby and East Northants every vote is likely to count so the Conservatives will need to sit up and listen particularly if James succeeds in getting several hundred votes. PLEASE SUPPORT HIM AND SHOW THE PRESS, WHO WILL NO DOUBT BE PRESENT, THAT THERE IS A LARGE GROUNDSWELL OF OPINION AGAINST WIND FARMS LOCATED CLOSE TO RURAL COMMUNITIES.
• Saturday 06 October (Molesworth – The Titchmarsh Clubroom at 12noon)
• Saturday 03 November (Chelveston – The Hargrave Village Hall at 11am)
For those of you living in the East Northants District I would ask you to vote for James in order to signal to the Conservative Party your anger at the policies concerning the use of onshore wind energy. You might wish to visit his website http://www.delingpoleforcorby.co.uk
3. On a similar subject I would also urge those of you who live in East Northants to write to David Cameron using Royal Mail stating that you intend to vote for James Delingpole because of his anti-wind stance. Rt Hon David Cameron, Prime Minister, 10 Downing Street, Westminster, London, SW1A 2AA. You may be aware the Conservative Party Conference begins in Birmingham on Sunday 7th October. It is important to make our views known to the Consevative Party and try to influence their policy on wind turbines and argue for a much greater reduction of subsidies.
4. A new web site Together Against Wind has been set up by Chris Heaton Harris MP. The sole purpose of this site is to help co-ordinate grassroot campaigns against wind turbines with the campaign in the Houses of Parliament. He would like as many people as possible to sign up using the Contact Form on the website https://sites.google.com/site/togetheragainstwind1/home This campaign has just been announced and Chris would like as many as possible to register their interest so please encourage family and friends to join.
5. The photo montages taken by professional photographers on our behalf in early September are being completed and there are some stunning pictures showing the impact of the turbines on our communities and countryside. Once the process is complete we hope to have a mini display in several villages so people can visualise the size of the proposed wind farm and copies will be submitted to HDC. WE URGENTLY NEED PLEDGES TO FINANCE EXPERTS, PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE WILLING TO MAKE A PLEDGE OR WOULD LIKE A PLEDGE FORM TO FILL IN. Or if you would prefer to make a donation to our campaign, we have set up a bank account, please make your cheque payable to “Stop Molesworth AG”, and send it Stop Molesworth AG, Scotts Farmhouse, Bythorn, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE28 0QP, also include your address in the envelope as we would like to issue receipts for all money donated. A big thank you to those who have already donated!! Details of how to donate and how surplus funds will be dealt with can be found under the Supporters tab on the Action Group Web Site.
6. HDC WILL STILL ACCEPT LETTERS IF YOU HAVE NOT WRITTEN YET
RWE npower has submitted OVER 150 LETTERS to HDC of support as a result of asking members of the public at Huntingdon High Street (over 20 kilometres from the wind farm site) to fill in forms and letters of support. The District Council need to know local people do not want this wind farm, so if members of your household haven’t written or your neighbours (who may not be on our supporters list and therefore not receive this email), please ask them to do so. All the addresses are on our website www.stopmolesworthwindfarm.org.uk under the Contact heading.
If you have any queries suggestions, comments, require further information or can help in any way please let me know.
If you have received this email and do not wish to continue to be on the mailing list please contact us and we will ensure your name and details are removed.
Thank you for your continued support,
Chairman Stop Molesworth Wind Farm Action Group
Phone: 01832 710612
UPDATE 11th Sept 2012 - Number Ten POST PLANNING
(4 Oct 2012)
MOLESWORTH WIND FARM PLANNING APPLICATION REF 1200967FUL
1. Our Photographers had a successful week last week taking photographs for montages. They will be working these up over the coming weeks to produce realistic images of the impact of the proposed wind farm on our landscape and villages. Many thanks to those who assisted them with their photos and allowed access to their properties. Unfortunately due to time constraints they did not manage to get to all locations but have covered the key areas in great depth.
2. If you have received a letter from Pegasus asking to take photographs as part of a Residential Amenity Survey your letters need to be returned by 14th September. It is important that you send an accompanying letter with your Residential Visual Amenity Survey Form stating:
""We are prepared to allow a member of staff from Pegasus Planning Group Limited (""Pegasus"") to visit our property provided
i. A paper (hard) copy of Pegasus' final document is sent to us within seven days of it being produced.
ii. Allowing Pegasus staff to visit our property does not mean we agree or approve of the findings of the report produced.
iii. All locations for the taking of photographs are chosen by Pegasus staff.
iv. Reproduction of part or all of the photographs taken from our property is prohibited other than for production of the Residential Visual Amenity Study of Molesworth Wind Farm by Pegasus Planning Group Limited commissioned by RWE npower Renewables Limited (""RWE""). The permission granted by this letter does not allow for incorporation of these photographs or any part of them in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. They are not to be used for any other assessment concerning the Molesworth Wind Farm carried out by RWE, Pegasus, companies associated with the two aforementioned companies, or any other energy company or developer who wishes to develop this site or parts of this site in the future for whatever purpose.
v. Please confirm your agreement to the above terms in writing before your Landscape Team undertake any photographic assessment from our property and that you will also confirm which date and time slot you will be attending.""
3. Many of you will have seen that James Delingpole, the journalist, has decided to stand as an anti-wind farm candidate in the Corby and East Northants by-election. There was a bit in Look East yesterday about him standing as an MP and also a recent article written by him in the Daily Mail see http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2199284/Wind-farms-Are-wind-farms-saving-killing-A-provocative-investigation-claims-thousands-people-falling-sick-live-near-them.html I understand he will be holding several meetings in the area starting on Saturday 29th September at Sudborough Village Hall, Saturday 6th October at Titchmarsh Village Hall at noon and on 3rd November at Raunds. He will be raising the issue of wind farms in the local area discussing the Molesworth Wind Farm at the Titchmarsh meeting.
PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND AT LEAST ONE OF THESE MEETINGS - ANYTHING WHICH RAISES THE PROFILE OF THE DESTRUCTION THAT WIND TURBINES CAUSE IN THE COUNTRYSIDE, TO RURAL COMMUNITIES AND HERITAGE SHOULD BE SUPPORTED. We need to show the government that rural communities are against their current energy policies regarding wind turbines and turn up in force to these meetings which will attract media coverage.
4. HDC WILL STILL ACCEPT LETTERS IF YOU HAVE NOT WRITTEN YET
RWE npower has submitted OVER 150 LETTERS to HDC of support as a result of asking members of the public at Huntingdon High Street (over 20 kilometres from the wind farm site) to fill in forms and letters of support. The District Council need to know local people do not want this wind farm, so if members of your household haven't written or your neighbours (who may not be on our supporters list and therefore not receive this email), please ask them to do so. All the addresses are on our website www.stopmolesworthwindfarm.org.uk under the Contact heading.
5. WE URGENTLY NEED PLEDGES TO FINANCE EXPERTS LIKE ARCHITECH, PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE WILLING TO MAKE A PLEDGE OR WOULD LIKE A PLEDGE FORM TO FILL IN. Or if you would prefer to make a donation to our campaign, we have set up a bank account, please make your cheque payable to ""Stop Molesworth AG"", and send it Stop Molesworth AG, Scotts Farmhouse, Bythorn, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE28 0QP, also include your address in the envelope as we issue receipts for all money donated.
6. MONDAY 21 January 2013 7.00pm - TARGET DETERMINATION DATE at HDC.(this date may be put back). Please put this date in your diaries as we hope to have a large attendance.
7. If you have any queries suggestions, comments, require further information or can help in any way let me know. If you have received this email and do not wish to be on the mailing list contact us and we will ensure your details are removed.