|Molesworth Wind Farm Action Group|
|Say NO to the Molesworth Wind Farm - Bythorn, Molesworth, Keyston, Brington, Clopton, Old Weston, Titchmarsh, Catworth, Leighton Bromswold|
Archive from February 2013
LAST CHANCE TO MAKE YOUR OPINION HEARD
(9 Feb 2013)
Newsletter Number Twenty-two 31st January 2013 - MOLESWORTH WIND FARM PLANNING APPLICATION REF 1200967FUL FOR SIX 126 METRE HIGH WIND TURBINES
1. LAST CHANCE TO MAKE YOUR VIEWS KNOWN. LETTERS NEED TO BE WITH HDC BY MONDAY 4 FEBRUARY 2013 OR AS CLOSE TO THAT DATE AS POSSIBLE. The address to write to is Steve Ingram, Head of Planning Services, Huntingdon District Council, Pathfinder House, Huntingdon, Cambs. PE29 3TN or email email@example.com remember to include your address and the planning reference number 1200967FUL.
Reasons to object on are
A. The detrimental impact on the setting of the grade I listed Parish Church of St John the Baptist in Keyston and grade II* listed Parish Churches of St Lawrence, Bythorn, St Peters Molesworth and All Saints at Brington.
B. The impact on the ecology and wildlife in particular the red kites and bats.
C. The visual impact on the local villages of Keyston, Bythorn, Molesworth, Brington and Clopton with their many listed buildings, conservation areas and also surrounding countryside.
D. Impact on house prices in the villages closest to the wind turbines.
This application is also contrary to current Huntingdon District Council SPD - Wind Power Guidance (February 2006 and the new draft guidance) when referring to the Northern Wolds states "" Key sensitivities relate to the more intimate valleys, historic villages and valued elements, particularly with respect to historic features and the distinctive church spires. .. should take into account the following guidance:
* Respect existing landmark features such as key views to church spires.
* Respect the site and setting of the historic villages which characterise the Northern Wolds"".
The SPD also states that ""The landscape has a high capacity to accommodate a small-scale group at the lower end of this range (up to 2 or 3 turbines)."" This capacity has already been met and EXCEEDED by the approved wind farm at Woolley Hill and the two new turbines at Hammerton Zoo Park both located in the Northern Wolds.
2. COULD ALL PLACARDS AND POSTERS BE PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED TO DEMONSTRATE OPPOSITION TO THE WIND FARM AS HDC PLANNERS AND COUNCILLORS WILL BE MAKING A SITE VISITS SOMETIME BEFORE 18 MARCH 2013.
***If you would like a placard or poster please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org ,stating what you would like, and we will arrange delivery to you over the next few days.
***Also we will be delivering and refreshing some of the placards in the surrounding villages in the next week WEATHER PERMITTING. Apologies to those who have requested them for not getting them out before.
3. SEE WHAT THE WIND FARM WILL ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE - Professionally produced photographic visualisations produced for the Stop Molesworth Wind Farm Action Group by Architech Animation Studios (UK) Ltd are now available to view on the Action Group Web Site http://www.stopmolesworthwindfarm.org.uk please go to the Home page and click on the top right hand red box.
If you have any queries suggestions, comments, require further information or can help in any way please let me know.
If you have received this email and do not wish to continue to be on the mailing list please contact us and we will ensure your name and details are removed.
Thank you for your continued support,
Phone: 01832 710612
Web Address - www.stopmolesworthwindfarm.org.uk